Wednesday, September 21

Range + Zuni + Deep Sushi + Mitchell's = YUM!

I could sit around and just talk about food for days and days. Luckily, I'm surrounded by some of the best restaurants anywhere, and most of my friends share my love of the scrumptious, so I can keep on keeping up my opinionated views of San Francisco restaurants.

We ate at Range on Friday, which is a great new foodie find. I've been trying out a bunch of new spots lately, and this one really stood out to me. We started with the tomato salad with sheep's milk feta cheese. I ordered the chicken, which was served over a salad with beets and walnuts, and it was just delish! Both Lee and Margaret had the coffee-rubbed pork shoulder, which was also fantastic. Everything was fresh and so tasty! There was a pretty long wait, and people were still waiting when we left past 10pm. I already can't wait for my next visit.

I took a picture of our wine again, Stephen Ross pinot noir. It was a decent bottle of red, though I won't necessarily be adding it to my favorites. It's not bad for those times when the rest of the wine list isn't familiar. (Thank goodness for my camera phone!)

Zuni is a San Francisco staple and always a solid meal. I remember seeing it all the time when I was younger and less gastronomically educated, and my family used to drive down Market Street. I didn't know what it was back then, but I sure know now. The fact that it's been around for so long speaks for itself. The chicken for two is a must. It takes a long time, so you may want to consider ordering it as soon as you're seated. Their fries are some of the best in the city!
*BTW, if you're a fan of fries, I'd also recommend them at Slow Club (sexy and dark space, no reservations taken), Burger Joint (really casual) and Oola (topped with truffle oil - yes, I said truffle oil! - and parmesan).

Lee and I finally tried Deep Sushi before Aqualung yesterday. They have this amazing and unique spicy sauce which is divine! It tastes like a hot version of sesame oil, and they use it in their spicy sake nigiri. There are some interesting rolls on the menu. Don't miss the G-roll (scallop, tuna, tobiko, mayo). I'm not always a fan of mayo, but I loved they way it was done here.

At Mitchell's Ice Cream, I had a new flavor called Grasshopper Pie: mint ice cream with Oreos, fudge and chocolate. YuUumm! I usually get Thai Tea, which tastes how it sounds, like thai iced tea. The line is always so crazy that you have to take a number, but because we went early, I actually parked in their lot for the first time ever and did NOT need a number to get served. Maybe there is something to this whole eating early thing after all.

No comments: