Saturday, September 24

stellastarr*

It's a bird... It's a plane...
...It's stellastarr*! We caught them last night at the Independent. Margie put this together for us, and I'm so glad she did! I'm not always into the whole new wave-y/punk-ish scene, but it was a really fun show. I also decided I liked the opening band, Every Move a Picture. Here's a shot of them (not that you can tell much by these dark photos). Tommy thought that the lead singer of stellastarr* looked like Rob Lowe. Or Chris Klein. He kept asking all of us to vote, "Rob Lowe? Chris Klein?" I thought neither, but he insisted, "If you had to pick?" I guess I'd say more Chris than Rob, but I still say neither. What do you think?
We were really into the whole pointing thing last night. The people in the background here crack me up! The guy on the left is doing Blue Steel. The woman on the right looks like she's ready to kill me. Scary, but that didn't stop me from snapping more photos! Love this pic!
Tommy's trying to pick our noses. I'm afraid my shrug may look better on Teddy than it does on me. I don't know who should feel worse about that: him or me?
We caught afterparty sushi at Tsunami (yum!), and at the end of the night, we were all more than ready to go home.

3 comments:

Parisjasmal said...

Looks like a great time. I have that exact same shrug! HA!!

Kahlo said...

Jijiji... great photos

S said...

That guy in the background *IS* soo doing Blue Steel! Too funny! I was just browsing though blogs and saw yours. Looks like a fun night. Reminds me of when I used to get out.. *sigh*