Monday, October 10

Download: The Killers, Modest Mouse, The Arcade Fire, Doves, British Sea Power...

I am, at this moment, drinking and scrabbling. AND blogging. Friends don't let friends drink and scrabble. My roommates are kicking my currently not able to spell booty big time. Oh, well. Such is life. Here are some of the pics I promised from The Download Festival. We got there at noon, and it was HOT hot HOT!t&g are way cute. I couldn't think of a better match for my bestest friend. Doesn't her hair look fabulous? We both heart Pearlyn at Oxenrose.Hey, Sunshine, ya hungry?That's ok, cuz we're thirsty. Claude and I shared the yard o margarita. Frozen margarita makes us warrrrm...OK, serously, just how adorable are we? Ha!I should take this time to name the bands on the other stage: HIM, Mindless Self Indulgence, Amblulance Ltd., The Lovemakers, Every Move a Picture. They were on a side stage, so we didn't get to see them b/c we didn't want to lose our lawn seats. I bought the Every Move a Picture shirt; I liked them when they opened for stellastarr*. t picked up a Doves t...
We were trying to catch this shot, but I boobie bumpered her in the process. That's why she looks the way she does above. Yay for the Doves! We didn't realize they wouldn't be on until FIVE stinkin hours later!The Arcade Fire put on a great show.So did Modest Mouse.He's awfully pretty to be leading a group called the Killers. Yes, I realize that all these bands are made up of more than just their lead singers. These are the best photos I got.It got to be FREEZING cold! Yes, we're spooning - triple spoon action! I emit a LOT of heat, so I got to be in the middle. I'm like a human space heater.This was what we saw before we left the Shoreline.
Good show, but I think we decided we're now too old for lawn seats. It may have been fun when we went to Summer Jam in high school, but we're not into being surrounded by drunk, high 19-year olds who throw things and use laser beams on the big screens for twelve long hours. Reserved seats or smaller venues or nothin at all. I don't mind not being hip if that means I get to be comfortable.

No comments: