Monday, March 27

Two weeks notice

Exactly two weeks from today, I will be starting my new job in Washington, D.C. TWO WEEKS! That's so weirdly soon. I think I'm in a bit of denial. Also, it doesn't feel totally like a final departure yet because I have an arrangement where I'll be able to come back again for a week at the end of April and once more in May before I'm finally and truly there. My arrangement has to do with the 'rents, but that's a whole other story.

Because I romped around all day Saturday for Tina's birthday surprise, I didn't get any packing done. After Sunday brunch with my family, I was planning to come back to my place and "be good," meaning I would pack and figure out what else needed to get done for my move.

But then I got a call from Chenja and Amy. They were going to Sam's, and I was joining them. So much for me being good! I couldn't resist the idea of having drinks by the water in the gorgeous weather.If you think that I'm trying to "show off" my ring in this last picture... then you're thinking correctly! But that pinky sticking out was supposed to look sleek and sophisticated, not disfigured. Oh, well.

Can someone just magically pack all my stuff for me?

No comments: