Thursday, February 16

This blogging blogger

Before blogging came along, a group of ten girlfriends from college (myself included) kept each other informed of the goings on in each other's lives by group emailing. We would diligently write weekend updates and share news and pictures via our group email. I still email with this group regularly and religiously, but every once in a while, it's easier for me to share my already-written story via blog. Among this group, I am the only blogger, and they occasionally make references to my blog in those group emails.

Outside of those girlfriends, I have other close friends. Every once in a while, I would get together with these friends to chat and catch up on each other's lives. Now by the time I get to these catch up sessions, many friends often know all about my life via this blog, so I don't actually have a whole lot of updating to do. It's odd. But that's why I chose to blog. I wanted my friends to be able to stay updated on what's new.

Now I have new friends and even some people I've never met who read my blog on a regular basis. I'm not sure that I have the most interesting life, necessarily. But I do like writing about food and shopping finds, which I think people like. And I've been told people have chuckled at a post or video. Every once in a while, they're even touched by something I've written. Any photos I have with celebrities get a ton of hits. I'm happy to be a source of entertainment for anyone who wants to read.

I didn't really think about the fact that blogging could be lucrative, but since I started writing my blog, I began to read about all these other blogs who were making a living out of blogging. Dear cc just sent me this article in New York Magazine, Blogs to Riches. I don't plan on trying to turn this into a money-making thing, and to be quite frank, I don't think I could.* But the whole blogging phenomenon is interesting.

It's funny, isn't it? I'm at a point where I feel compelled to write something on a daily basis, whether I feel like I have something to write about or not. It's the strangest thing. I know I won't exactly let anyone down, but I feel the need to blog. And that's probably why I've written this post, where I've simply blogged about blogging.

*If there is anyone out there who would like to pay me to blog/write, I'm not opposed to the idea!

2 comments:

Parisjasmal said...

Awww...I think we found each other through a SJP post Jennipah!
I love your blog, and I have a friend in LA who I think found your blog through my blog and she loves your blog now too.
Last time I spoke to her she said that Jennipah girl's blog is so cool. I was like I KNOW!

Two people have found my blog my searching for
Scarlet Johanson's boobs
and
Giada di Laurentis' boobs.

nice! ha
Have a great day!

jennipah said...

thanks, parisjasmal / jen! i think you may be my biggest fan. :) you have a great day and a fab weekend!

xoxo,
jenn