Tuesday, February 14

Long-distance Valentine

This is my fourth year with Taer as the beloved Valentine of my life. This is also my fourth Valentine's Day with Taer many miles and time zones away. Sigh. I try not to make a big deal of being together on specific dates, especially when we have to accommodate our schedules to friends' weddings and things like that.

So we're not making googly eyes at each other tonight over a candlelit dinner, with me bullying Taer into getting in touch with his sensitive, soft side as he tells me how much he loves me. Instead, I'm reading about the History of Valentine's Day and watching "A Charlie Brown Valentine."

I hope Charlie wins the heart of his little, red-haired girl one day. Everyone should find and be with a little, red-haired girl of their very own.

I found mine.

Except he's not so little. Nor is he red-haired... or a girl. But you know what I mean. The way I feel about Taer is the way Charlie Brown talks about his little, red-haired girl. Smitten. And that's the way it should be.

Happy Valentine's Day, my loves!

2 comments:

Parisjasmal said...

Awww so sweet. I was wondering if you would get to see T on V-day.
You have such a good attitude about being so far apart. I am sure you spend some quality time with him on your trip that would rival any Valentine's dinner.

Have a great day.

The Little Red Haired Girl! (I do have red hair and have been called The Little Red Haired Girl on a few occasions.)

Parisjasmal said...

I am sure you SPENT time with him
not SPEND time with him. Sorry.