Friday, August 5

Minneapolis knows how to make my Jucy Lucy

I was in the twin cities for work. I know what you're thinking. "You're so lucky, Jenn! How do I get my job to send me to Minnesota too?" Am I right? Yeah, it's good to be me.

OK, all joking aside, I really do like Minneapolis and St. Paul - I'm SERIOUS! A couple years back, the first time I was sent to the midwest, I was not looking forward to the experience, I'll admit. However, it was much hipper than I thought it would be. I was even pleasantly surprised by my dining experience at Chino Latino. And being a San Francisco native, I can safely say that I consider myself a big time foodie.

This time, I had yet another gastronomic experience which isn't likely to be replicated anytime soon. My co-worker's friends had moved to Minneapolis a few years back. Their whole family came to pick us up, and we went to a free outdoor concert. This is a picture of me with their daughter. Isn't she adorable? Then after the concert, we headed to Matt's to experience the "Jucy Lucy."

We all ordered the Jucy Lucy, which is basically a cheeseburger. Placed before me, however, was a burger in a bun with grilled onions. That was it. There was no lettuce, no tomato. I didn't even see the cheese... because it was in the middle of the patty! When I took a bite of my Lucy, the Jucy cheese came oozing out of the meat. Did I hear a "yum"? Or was that an "ew"? It was oh so bad, but OH was it so good!

No comments: