Tuesday, March 13

Momzilla or Bridezilla?

So my mom has been trying really hard to plan the wedding too. She's been - uh - "helpful" with all her suggestions, but I don't want the Asian-style dreamy glamour portrait shots. I like photojournalism, even if she thinks it looks like "snapshots anyone could take."

I like clean, modern floral arrangements. She wants bright and cheerful.

We have our differences. We're working past them.

Yesterday, she asked me about my DJ. She said, "I don't know what American DJs use, but if they are going to play CDs, we can have some of our friends and relatives bring their KARAOKE music. You know your Uncle Alex is practically like a professional singer!"

I couldn't show my mom my horror immediately. But my wedding will not be an American Idol audition!

3 comments:

camilla said...

our mom's are hilarious & insane, huh?!? my sister is totally sharing your pain with her wedding planning and is on the verge of a breakdown, largely b/c of my mom! :)

cc

Unknown said...

Jen - this is Camilla's sister - Ellen...and I TOTALLY share your pain!!! My mom wanted a bilingual MC for the reception AND ceremony... so we settled on one for the reception but he wants to play games and magic tricks, which my mom thinks is great!....I will not have my wedding be a magic show!! So we settled on a biligual MC who SAID he would go strictly by our own agenda and not include his own "magic" stuff but I am scared at the last minute he'll pull a bunny out of his pants or something - AHHH! AM VERY scared... I told the MC I will go and snatch the mic from him if he deviates from the agenda. The MC doesn't understand why I don't want magic tricks - he said then the wedding will be boring. I said I LOVE BORING. ;P

jennipah said...

oh ellen, i really, REALLY hope you don't get a magic show at your wedding! your mom and my mom are soul sisters, i think. good luck with the planning!